Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pocket Knife with Cherries

Pocket Knife with Cherries  |  16 x 16  |  Oil on canvas

























This is the second painting slated for my summer show at Tree's Place Gallery. As I mentioned before, this will be the first time Karen and I have shared the spotlight since 2007, and we're both really looking forward to it. As always, I'm behind, and producing a shows worth of paintings plus getting new work to my other galleries as well means a busy spring and summer. Howard Rehs at Rehs Galleries, Inc. has requested a pool bowl and I'll be starting that today. Haven't done one of those in a long time. It'll be a relatively large painting, so I'll probably post some in progress shots along the way.


3 comments:

henning lang | drawings and paintings said...

hi neil,
another great painting!
i love your compositions and the cropping of the works!
always very inspiring!

shaad mahmud said...

THIS PAINTING IS AMAZING!!! BUT, AFTER READING THE COMMENTS, I THINK A MUCH BIGGER CANVAS IS IN ORDER!!!
african american art for sale

Menseffects said...

I really like this blog. I also like a pocket knife with Cherry.
OTF Blades