Vintage Percolatoroil on canvas
12'' x 16"
It's not unusual for me to go a week or more between blog posts, but this week scheduling was totally out of my control. Earthlink, in an attempt to correct some billing errors originating at their end inadvertently disconnected my internet service. I knew that "disconnection" was the most likely cause of my troubles, since the loss of service came about minutes after Earthlink took care of my problem. Having no other recourse to regain my service, I entered into the bowels of intercontinental tech support. Five days, multiple calls over seas, hours spent following cryptic unintelligible instructions, and several "live chats", accessed via the free wi-fi at my local coffee shop, they came to the conclusion that I needed a new modem. I was convinced that this was not the problem, but having reached the end of my rope, I agreed to have the modem shipped. The following day I received a call from tech support stating that they had discovered the problem. They had accidentaly disconnected my service at their end, but they were happy to report that our account had been reestablished, and that we should be back online. We were. The next day our new modem arrived.
While all of this was going on I took a break from the large mixer I've been working on to let the first layer dry, and returned to the painting above. I had started this well over a year ago, but never completed it. I thought, "maybe this would be a good time to finish this up". I hadn't worked on one of the old percolators in a while, and it was kind of a blast from the past to do one again. I haven't decided where it will go just yet. I'm trying to build up a store of paintings then figure out where they all should go.
I've also been working on some new ebay paintings. I've got the panels cut, primed and the drawings transferred. Once the big mixer is complete I'll get going on them. I plan to follow those with a pb&j slated for Wynne/Faconer. We'll see how it goes. This is my plan, as of today.