Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Milkshake Mixer

Milkshake Mixer  |  16 x 20  |  Oil on canvas


I finished all the paintings going to Tree's Place Gallery for my two person show with artist M. Collier. The first batch made it there in one piece, and the last group of paintings should arrive there today. Hopefully, they'll make it there intact as well. Like I said before, I can't truly relax until all the boxes have been opened, and the paintings have made it there undamaged. 

Now it's time to get to work, and show a little love to my other galleries. I was really in the mood for something reflective, so I dug out my old Hamilton Beach milkshake mixer. I've done one large version of this in the past, and a couple of small versions as well. The previous large painting had the metal cup incorporated into the composition, but this time I wanted to show the mixing blades. Fun . . . this one was fun to paint. Next up, another Big Grapes painting. Only bigger this time. Karen said to go bigger, so I'm going large. I've got a 24 x 24 toned, and ready to go. 



1 comment:

martinealison said...

Une magnifique maîtrise du travail du métal... Bravo !
J'ai hâte de voir vos prochaines oeuvres.

Gros bisous