Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Condiments in Progress: First Pass


16 x 20 oil on hardboard panel

I've got another couple of paintings in the works at the moment. One is the new Ketchup Bottle above and the second is another Blocks piece. The under-painting on the Ketchup took three days and the first pass on the Blocks will be completed today. I'll post an image of it tomorrow. When these two are finished I'll begin a new large painting for Mason Murer Fine Art. It may be the most intensive painting I've tried to do yet but if it works out the way I hope, could wind up being one of my favorites. I really enjoy painting cars and airplanes, and this new piece will be an aircraft I shot at a recent airshow. It's going to be a challenge, and I readily admit I'm pretty apprehensive about its' size and complexity. If I take my time, it could pleasurable as well. I just need to get my head in the right place and have fun with it.


2 comments:

Sew it my way! said...

Outstanding! How do get the tin tops on the shakers so realistic? I just want a burger & fries to go with the ketchup!!

Unknown said...

it's seriously amazing how quickly your "first pass" comes together. Hopefully one day I'll be as fast as you!!! love following your blog :)