Friday, December 17, 2010

Wild Turkey


6 x 6 oil on hardboard panel

I broke a tooth the other day. Fortunately I have a nephew who is an incredibly skilled dentist. If that wasn't enough, he allows me to pay with art. How can you beat that. He did a beautiful job putting my tooth back together. You'd never know it was ever damaged. So, as payment I did this little whiskey piece. I was in the mood to do some glass, and the wonderful amber color of the liquor is a joy to paint. When it's dry I'll varnish it then send it off. Hope he likes it.


10 comments:

Ruth Andre said...

You are so lucky and so is your nephew. What a beautiful glass of amber. The type on the Wild Turkey bottle is beautifully done.

Karin Jurick said...

I'm very partial to your whiskey paintings... so beautiful.

Susan Roux said...

Lucky you, lucky him! Great painting.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

A fair swop...beautifully done :)

Lee said...

I never thought of whiskey as being beautiful before but, it is here. Now if I could just find a dentist that liked art.

Painting Austin said...

Austin Painting Company
Wow that looks so realistic it make me thirsty! Nice job

Amarjeet Prasad said...

This is good site to spent time on .I just stumbled upon your informative blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your very well written blog posts.

Art exhibition

Amarjeet Prasad said...

You have done an excellent job of research and writing.

oil paintings

Arts cad said...

I really appreciate your post!

Buy artist painting
Buy artists original paintings

Arts cad said...

I will be interested in you.

Buy painting reproductions
Buy artists posters