Monday, December 28, 2009

Wild Turkey


5.5 x 5.5 oil on hardboard
In addition to participating in holiday festivities this past week, I've also been busy working on five new ebay paintings. I think it's a pretty good group. The first piece, is a blast from the past. I've done a number of these "bourbon" paintings, and was in the mood to do one again. I'm not really a connoisseur of liquor, but I do love a shot of Wild Turkey from time to time.
In addition to the ebay pieces, I've got a couple of larger paintings going as well. I'm courting my wife's gallery in Houston, and as soon as these two are complete I'll be sending them out to Dean Day Gallery, in hopes that they'll take me on.
If you'd like to bid on this painting, you can take part in the auction by clicking here.


4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Gosh Neil...I am just awed by your ability to paint what appears to be photographs. I've always wanted to be able to do this and you are the only person I've ever seen be able to do this so well and so consistently. Truly agog at your work! Good luck getting into that gallery!

Kaylyn Munro said...

Rules for painting:

1. do not drink the subject til painting is complete.

2. work fast.

!

TSL said...

LOVE THIS.

Amarjeet Prasad said...

I like your blog. I look forward to seeing it once. Keep up the good job.


oil paintings