Monday, September 07, 2009

Red Shoes


Red Shoes
oil on hardboard panel
12'' x 12"

As with the painting of the blocks below, this portrait of a woman's red shoes, also comes from a batch of photos I created for a recent corporate commission. I shot hundreds of images for that job, but only used four. That left me with a surplus of really good compositions, that I still wanted to paint. Red Shoes, as well as an earlier painting titled My Right Foot, will represent shoes in the October show at Anne Irwin Fine Art. If they prove to be a popular subject, I'll be happy to return to them again. If they don't, I'll shelve those images in hopes of returning to them at a later date. Now I'm onto another 12 x 12 also planned for the fall show. In fact most, if not all, of what I'll be working on during the month of September, will be headed to Anne Irwin. Opening night is scheduled for the 16th of October, so I've still got a little time to flesh it out.


7 comments:

Caio Fern said...

perfect !!1
i liked the blue reflections on the side !!

Carolina said...

This is stunning!

Gary Keimig said...

Again, wonderfully done

Sonia said...

This is just incredible!! Very realistic!

Dean H. said...

Beautifully done, Neil! The way you paint, there is no bad subject for you. This subject should do great!

James Neil Hollingsworth said...

Thanks all. I tend to second guess myself when it comes to integrating new subjects. It's nice to read these encouraging words.

Celeste Bergin said...

I want to put them on