Tuesday, April 14, 2009

4th Completed Commission: Play


Play
oil on canvas
16'' x 16"

Well, the Chicago commission is complete. The fourth painting representing the theme of "play", is in the drying phase prior to varnish. These have to be in the hands of the client by the end of the month so that final process will have to be expedited. I hope that when these are unpacked the client is pleased with the work. Now it's on to some ebay paintings, then it's back to work for the galleries. It's been a long time since I've shown them, "any love". I'll have to work hard, and fast to make it up to them.


9 comments:

Micah Neff said...

Whoa, love it. Can hear it turning on the floor.....I had one of those when I was really little. The shoes were beautiful, too. Made me think of school events, family parties, and church.

Carol H. said...

This is great! How do you pack so much realism into such a small piece? This would look good as a much larger painting, also!

Jo said...

Oh, this is beautiful. I played with one at my Oma's as a child, great choice for the theme.

connie said...

Absolutely stunning!

Krystyna81 said...

Amazing...I love the pallette. So much energy in such a still piece?!

Todd Bonita said...

Another beaut!

L.Holm said...

This is stunning. Love the diagonal comp.
I have a question about varnishing...how is it possible to speed up the process for delivery? This has always confused me about varnishing oils--don't they need months to dry?
Thanks! Liz

Carlos Lopez said...

Very Nice. I love paintings of toys.

Elena Etcharren said...

Saw this and others on the walls at your client's new offices in Chicago - all the works look truly superb, they seemed to be "jumping off the walls." Could not stop to enjoy them all long enough, but the colors, themes and stand-out were all amazing. Phenomenal job!