Friday, February 15, 2008

Tea Cup


Tea Cup
oil on gallery wrap canvas
10'' x 10"

Next in the line up for the winter show at Twinhouse is this little cup. I hadn't done a tea cup painting in quite a while, and thought it was time. I have to say it was really fun to paint, and I think it turned out well.

I'm intrigued by white ceramic, and have been trying to master that creamy translucent surface for years. I'm getting there, but haven't got it yet. There are a lot of subtle layers, colors, reflections, and highlights in this material, and it's been a challenge to capture those qualities properly. I'm hopeing one day to fully realize those in a painting, and am looking forward to that learning process.

Those who may be interested in a pre-show purchase of this painting can find contact information to the gallery by clicking here. If you'd like to see all the completed work you can either click on the "Upcoming 2008 Twinhouse Show" link or click here.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your teacup, but since you mentioned the white surface, have you seen Nicole Caulfield's work? She captures so many subtle shades with colored pencils.