Thursday, May 07, 2020

Think Small No. 2

Think Small No. 2   |   24 x 36   |   Oil on panel

























My first quarantine painting. It's the same bug I painted back about a year ago, after I came across it in a Whole Foods parking lot. Like I said then, I've always had a soft spot in my heart for this car, having owned two in my life. I was having a bit of trouble getting a good photo of this painting because the color was wreaking havoc with the white balance settings of both my cameras. This version is really close.  

I'm indulging myself with my next painting. Aviation played a pretty big part of my earlier life as a fan, a pilot, a skydiver and an aircraft mechanic, so I've picked a P-40 Warhawk. It's an image I've had stored for a while and I figured at this moment with all its uncertainty, it would be nice to do something that reminded me of that more adventurous time.


4 comments:

Jeremy Pearse said...

Great painting! I used to own a bug the exact same color - great car and had a lot of fun in it.

Tech Cloud Ltd said...

Wow! Such excellent paintwork. It seems so vivid and alive. Very sharp and professional touching I must say. I'm mesmerized by your paint. Though I'm not good at art & paintwork as I'm working with different platforms such as Image post-production and so on. Anyways, very good sharing, please keep sharing. I'll definitely visit your blog again.image post production

https://apktow.com/ said...

free classified ads to generate leads for your online business so this
classified ad posting software is a great tool to automate that process buysellrank.com you can always use this classified ads submission software for any business any company, or any service
Buy sell search
maintaining-your-roof
sellgp

https://apktow.com/ said...

New Roof or Re-roof
Professional Measurement and Estimation of Roofing
Free Estimation
SRS Roofing-Your partner for the installation of a new gutter
How you can Save Thousands of Dollars by cleaning your Eavestrough
Buy sell search
maintaining-your-roof
sellgp