Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Government Issue


Government Issue - 6 x 6 - oil on panel

I've used these shoes as the subject in a number of paintings. They're my only dress shoes. I was issued these in 1972 on my first day of basic training, and they've been my wedding, funeral and job interview shoes ever since. You can surmise from this that I'm not a slave to fashion. I love their, "been around the block look", and that tan interior is terrific. If you'd like a painting of my shoes, you can bid on it by clicking here.


8 comments:

Nigel Cox said...

Perfect. Love your paintings of shoes Neil.

hmuxo said...

The best pair of shoes I've seen!! Excellent!

Julie in the studio said...

This made My husband and I chuckle really good this morning. We have a favorite Andy Griffith episode where Ray Hollister is given some "gob'ment clothes" so he can sing for the society ladies. Your painting reminded us of it.

Pierre Raby said...

Awesome. Just like Nigel, I enjoy a lot this subject, and this new painting is simply perfect!

Sharon Rose Smith said...

Classic painting of some classy shoes. Some things in life simply can not be improved upon.

Tim Fitzgerald said...

I was issued the same exact shoes in 1969 and still have them and wear them. They don't make them like this any more.
We are however showing are age.
Tim

James Neil Hollingsworth said...

Thanks all, and yes Tim, unfortunately we are showing our age. And Julie, I love that episode of the Andy Griffith Show.

tianode said...

Beautiful Collection !!! by Revathi