Tuesday, March 04, 2008

New Milkshake Mixer in Progress



I had finished everything up for the Twinhouse show, and was excited about getting into this new large Milkshake Mixer for Stricoff when . . . I came down with a second cold. I had about three days into this new painting when I got slammed for the second time this year. I couldn't believe it. I haven't been sick in years, and I even took the precaution of having the flu shot, but to no avail. Haven't had the energy to work at my easel for nearly a week. Just sleep and cough.

I'm on the mend now, and feel I should be painting again possibly as soon as tomorrow. I was strong enough yesterday, and today to work at my computer compiling tax information for 2007. Ugh, tedious, tedious work, but it's nice to have it mostly behind me now. Barring any more unforseen delays, I should have the completed version of the new mixer up late this week.




3 comments:

Lory said...

What a fabulous painting. Such an elegant milkshake mixer!!
Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Unknown said...

That mixer brings back memories. At 15, I worked in a diner / soda shop and that mixer was in use at all times. Being short, and the machine was set up on a higher counter...she (the machine) and I had a rather complicated relationship!

Gowshika said...

just linked this article on my facebook account. it’s a very interesting article for all.

Milkshake Mixer