Saturday, August 08, 2009

Small Kettle


Small Kettle
oil on gallery wrap canvas
10'' x 10"

My next three posts may evoke feelings of déjà vu for some of you who have followed my blog for a while. Each has been here before. In the course of my brief career as an artist, a few of my paintings, have for what ever reason, proven to be "red headed stepchildren". Years ago I began to refer to these unfortunate, and unsold paintings, hanging on the wall of my studio, as "the gallery of shame". I still, jokingly, use this phrase today when I speak of my unsold paintings. The paradoxical aspect of this situation is that many, if not most, of these paintings were in fact, some of my favorites. Happily, over the course of time, these paintings did sell. Small Kettle, and the paintings in the next two posts, will highlight my current family of orphans, seeking a home. If you'd like to bid on this painting, you can access the auction by clicking here.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i very heartening post for those of us who have a huge 'gallery of shame loved ones' :)r.