Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Some Really Big Pool Balls: in Progress

Pool Balls
oil on canvas
24'' x 24"

I'm inching my way up the large scale ladder. I've been dancing around the idea of doing a big pool ball painting for a while now, and at 24 x 24, I believe this one fits the bill. I get requests, on occasion, to include some in progress images of a painting. Since this particular piece will probably take some time, I thought it would be a good one to use for that purpose. The image above shows the painting at the completion of the first pass. I'll post more images as I conclude successive passes.



6 comments:

ming said...

Balls! wonderful=) I shared your painting with some of my friends here:

http://artmaker.posterous.com/this-is-a-painting-balls

Carol H. said...

Beautiful! I love your pool ball paintings, and I like the square format, too. Can't wait to see the "in-progress" posts!

thepete said...

I found your site through ming (see comments). Your work is AMAZING. If I could afford art, I'd want to hang some of yours in my home. I'll Tweet about it and see if anyone else comes. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!!

Don Coker said...

Love this tight composition, Neil! You continue to inspire...

www.doncokerart.com/blog

Unknown said...

If this is a painting, then it has obviously more life than a photograph.

Art Oil Painting

Anonymous said...

Hi Neil

These pool balls and all your refelctive work is amazing to me. Would love some advice on a project I have in mind. I took a pic of my black glossy shiny golf driver head. The refelction of the clouds sun sky and me are great - dont know where to start or on what support to do it on. Any ideas ? I could send you a pic of it if you give me your email. Mine is murfyboy@aol.com. Again, you are a master of reflection.