Friday, August 21, 2009

PB&J No.11


PB&J No.11
oil on hardboard panel
5.5'' x 5.5"

In between passes on my current cherry bowl painting I've been working on five new pieces for auction on ebay. Up first this week is the eleventh in a series of peanut butter and jelly sandwich paintings. A favorite theme of mine, "borrowed" years ago from a piece I saw painted by Duane Keiser. Hopefully, by the time these are all listed I'll have completed a version of the cherry painting I'm happy with. This one, for some reason, has been really kicking my butt. I've also begun a new painting slated for the October show at Anne Irwin Fine Art. I'm using a 16 x 16 pre-made panel from Dick Blick for that one. I'm curious to see how this surface takes the paint. If you'd like to bid on the painting above, you can access the auction by clicking here.


7 comments:

Holly Hartwell said...

Awesome as always. You really are inspirational in how many hours you put in. Keep it up.

Suzy said...

I am loving your art and blog! I am new to the "art online" scene, and you are an inspiration!

Sonia said...

I am your fan already and I wish I could paint like this someday... Amazing art work!

Arts cad said...

Good post..
Art Gallery
buy art

Arts cad said...

Its really a great post.

oil paintings
original oil painting

Arts cad said...

I wish that in future such posting should go on........

Buy artist painting
Buy artists original paintings

Arts cad said...

So pretty and simple. Love it.

Buy painting reproductions
Buy artists posters