Sunday, August 09, 2009

Tomato on the Edge


Tomato on the Edge
oil on gallery wrap canvas
10'' x 10"

The second of my three returns is another "item on a sunlit mantle", and I'll toot my own horn a little here by saying I think it's one of my best tomatoes. In other news, I'm getting close to the completion of the really big pool ball painting. It should be done in the next day or so. I'm also about halfway through a new bowl of cherries painting slated for the fall show at Anne Irwin Fine Art. Karen and I went to an opening there last Thursday to see a show of emerging artists. Our friend Leslie Cohen had her work on display. It was a fun night. The gallery was packed. Literally elbow to elbow. A bunch of other galleries in the area were also open that night, and we hit most of them before the night was over. I'll be getting started on a reflective piece for Wynne/Falconer as soon as the cherries are done. If you would like to bid on the painting above, you can access the auction by clicking here.


3 comments:

Don Coker said...

Love this piece, Neil!

www.doncokerart.com/blog

Unknown said...

Believe me........it looks like a photograph. It is just so real !

Art Oil Painting

Anonymous said...

That is really awesome photography..great work..

___________________
Andrew
One Stop shop for all your Email Marketing Solutions