Saturday, August 22, 2009

Half Loaf


Half Loaf
oil on hardboard panel
5.5'' x 5.5"

Karen has made it clear to me that I should have a bread painting in the works at all times. She's a fan of my bread paintings, so I've done a small one for this weeks auction offerings. I cropped this one tight, diving right into the heart of the loaf. It's an unusual composition, but I believe it really works. In fact I'm thinking of doing it again down the line in a larger format. If you'd like to bid on this painting you can access the auction by clicking here.


3 comments:

belindadelpesco.com said...

That bread, which I would walk by and never notice on my kitchen table, is a beautiful painting. I had to pause and wander along the shapes, shadows and colors of your brushwork. Your wife is a very smart woman. :)

Carol Marine said...

I agree with your wife - you do bread so well!!! I like the crop here too. Really fun. Every painting you do is amazing.

kt said...

Love the rhythm of the slices, reminds me a little of piano keys. I'd say we definitely need some more bread paintings in the world. You are gifted, my friend, thanks for the benifit of seeing this.