Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Pool Bowl No.7


Pool Bowl No.7
oil on hardboard panel
5.5'' x 5.5"

. . . and last but not least a bowl of pool balls. This completes the weeks ebay offerings. I recently did a tally of all my pool ball paintings, and this will be number 26. It's been a joyful run, and I think a subject that still has some life left in it. I'll be shipping the large pool balls up to Wynne/Falconer on monday, where I hope a collector will give it a good home. I'm also nearly done with the first pass on my next gallery piece for Anne Irwin Fine Art. I should mention that I am delighted with the surface of the Dick Blick pre-primed panel I'm using for that piece. It's wonderful. If you get the urge to bid on the painting above, you can take part in the auction by clicking here.


8 comments:

Jelaine Faunce said...

Thanks for the review of Dick Blick panels. I'd been wondering whether or not they were worth it.

Suzy said...

I am amazed at your output of quality work! I also plan to check out the panels, they sound great!

Karen May Studios said...

I wonder about your technique. I love the realism. I tend to use the old approach of the monochromatic 'dead layer' to create realy realistic color and texture. Do you paint right on the white surface, or a dark ground... I'm sure you're busy. Just curious.

Dean H. said...

Hi, James...beautifully done (as always).

Krystyna81 said...

it's incredible...I have to look, then look again, and then look a third time - it really is on 5" square? amazing!

Gary Keimig said...

Wow. Very well done James.

Caio Fern said...

hi James Neil !!
today i found your blog and your work impressed me very much .
all the pictoric values you reach for to develop the image are incredible .
it is good to find real good artists on internet .
see you !

Nigel Cox said...

I am the proud owner of this piece.

I have bought a few paintings online . . . usually by artists I have been following and admire.
One is never sure what the actual painting will be like when you open the box . . .this painting is everything I hoped it would be . . . beautiful.

It brings a smile to my face every time I pass it.

Thanks Neil . . .

No need to feel nervous about your up and coming show . . . your paintings are wonderful.