Monday, October 30, 2006

Sphericalaucity


oil on hardboard panel
6'' x 6"

sold

I'll be painting "studies" in the coming weeks to test some ideas for larger paintings I plan to use for a show at Twinhouse in January 2007. Since I intend to use a square format for all of the paintings in that show, I felt the six by six size I've been using for my auctions would be a good platform to experiment with theme and composition. Today I've decided to combine the pool balls with the glass shpere into a single composition.


7 comments:

Mary said...

Impressive realism and great composition with the refelctions in the glass sphere. I love your work!

Tracy Helgeson said...

Love the glass-it is incredible!

What size will the larger pieces be for the show?

Jeff Ward said...

Hey, nice title, but the painting is even better-- I love it. Very dynamic and it really keeps your eye moving.

Anonymous said...

I really like the rich colors and the way the reflection on the glass ball pull you in

James Neil Hollingsworth said...

Thanks all. It was nice to add a little color for a change. The size for the show pieces are not that much bigger. They are all to be 10 x 10.

Anonymous said...

The minute details make it hard to realize this study is only 6" x 6". This piece is exquisite!

Anonymous said...

I admire the way you have painted light and its many reflections. I keep paperweights on my window sill because I love to watch how the light reflects in them. Sphericalaucity is my favorite, but all of your work is just wonderful. You inspire me to try harder with my own painting...
Alice