Monday, October 09, 2006

P.A.D. in Art Calendar Magazine



Carolyn Proeber, editor of Art Calendar magazine, has written an engaging and informative article for this months issue, on the Painting A Day movement. The article begins with the dramatic, and well deserved, success of Duane Keiser. It details the chronology of his involvement, and how his work has accelerated it's phenomenal growth.

The article continues as Boston artist, Jeff Hayes, provides his insight into the popularity of the PAD method. The views of Virginia artist Maggie Stiefvater are also included. I'm proud to say that I own paintings from both of these talented artists. The article contains images of paintings from Jeff and Maggie, as well as the work of artist Darren Maurer.

The article concludes with a concise outline, providing basics on how one can get started. I've been doing this for a while, and I have to say that I learned some things myself. If you find yourself at your local newstand, you should check it out.

I would also like to thank Carolyn for her generousity in choosing one of my paintings for the cover. It was a great honor, and I thank you.




8 comments:

belindadelpesco.com said...

Wonderful! Thanks for the news about this, and huge congrats to you on the well-deserved and beautiful cover!

Jelaine Faunce said...

I just got my copy of this magazine in the mail the other day and kept asking myself why those peaches looked so familiar!

Congrats!

Luis Colan said...

Thanks you for the tip. I'll look for the magazine. Congrats on the cover, it must feel good to see your art on the cover of a mag.

Leslie Sealey said...

Congratulations on the cover!!! That's exciting; I'll have to go pick up a copy for myself. : )

James Neil Hollingsworth said...

Thanks all! I'm actually still a little freaked, but I have to admit it feels pretty good.

Maggie Stiefvater said...

Your artwork looked beautiful in Art Calendar. I was very proud to be in such good company!

James Neil Hollingsworth said...

Thanks Maggie, the feeling was mutual.

Anonymous said...

Right on! Congratulations~ The cover looks great (and so do all your paintings you post on your great blog)!

I look forward to your new posts~