Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Karen's Group Show at Mason Murer




The evening before we left for Florida Karen, and I headed into town for the opening night reception of Karen's first show at her new Atlanta gallery Mason Murer Fine Art. It was a group show, with a large attendance. By all accounts, her work was very well received. We both had a great time. Met some new artists, and also got to spend some time with old friends. One of those friends Jeanie Tomanek emailed us this morning to alert us to this video created that night, and posted on the Mason Murer website. Karen's segment comes in near the end.

I've completed the initial pass on the first painting for the Chicago commission, and being so close I decided to wait until it's finished to post an image. Hopefully, it will be ready in the next few days. I don't usually allow myself to appreciate my own work in progress, timid that it will jinx me, but I have to say, I really like how it's turning out.


3 comments:

I Want To Be An Artist said...

Excellent video. Thanks for sharing.

Tracey Clarke said...

Neil, this is great! My friend, Suzy Schultz a Mason Murer artist. We moved the D.C. a few years ago, so good to see the gallery. What a great space, right? Nice to see various works.
Congrats to Karen. Beautiful work.

Anonymous said...

Just discover your site by chance,
great site, great paintings
thanks to share your ideas.

http://pedrosanz.typepad.com/