Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Blocks with Spyglass in Progress: Day Two

12 x 16 oil on hardboard panel

I got sidetracked yesterday on other matters and didn't have time to finish up the underpainting on the blocks, but I got an early start today and was able to complete the first pass. I don't think the second pass on this one will be too difficult. I love doing these blocks, especially with the magnifying glass as part of the composition. Tomorrow I'll return to the Ketchup Bottle. I'm excited and fearful simultaneously with that one. I just need to reject any notion of finishing it quickly and just take my time. I tend, on occasion, to get wrapped up in the desire to complete a painting in a hurry, rather than just allow whatever time is needed and enjoy the process. My goal tomorrow is to chill out and embrace that philosophy.


Sonica said...

congrats! keep up the good work/this is a great presentation.
oil Painting

Pierre Raby said...

Strong composition enhanced by a pretty dynamic and subtle use of vibrant highligts of red and turquoise. Quiet and brilliant.

Fay Akers said...

what a cleaver idea... I like it!

Forensic Artist said...

Beautifiul. I love seeing the progression of an artist's work, getting an "in" to see the process.