Monday, January 31, 2011

Blocks with Spyglass in Progress: Day One


12 x 16 oil on hardboard panel

While the Ketchup Bottle and the Oranges are drying I began a third piece to put into the rotation. I did a version of the Blocks with spyglass once before and wanted to revisit it. I reached this point on the first day, and I'm hoping that I can finish up the first pass today. If I can do that, I'll be able to return to the Ketchup tomorrow. That one is going to be a challenge. Working with the labels and all that type is worrisome. Hope I can get it right.


I also wanted to put in a plug for Karin Juricks' new easel. It was designed and built by her boyfriend Brett. She's been painting on the original version for seven years now, loves it, and they've decided to market them. So far it's been very successful. The first two runs each sold out in a matter of days. They're currently busy building more.


To take a more in-depth look, including additional images and a description of it's features, click here. If you're in the market for a table top easel check this one out. If you decide to buy one they are being sold through Karin's ebay store.


No comments: