Thursday, February 24, 2011

My First Book and Prints for Sale


Inspired by the years of successful sales Karen has had with her prints, and also by Karin Jurick and her new book 100 Faces BUST-ED, I've decided to venture into the realm of both. Utilizing Gallery Street, the same production company Karen uses for her fine art giclée prints, I've selected a few of my favorite paintings to offer as prints. The quality of the work produced at Gallery Street is outstanding and I'm very happy with the first set of proof prints. These will be offered on canvas, in multiple sizes, stretched or un-stretched and on paper as well. I will be adding to the list of paintings offered as prints in the future. I have also included an option to request a print of any painting from my site, the only stipulation being I may not have an image of adequate quality of every painting to produce a satisfactory print. I will have to do a search of my archive for an image of the requested painting, then have a proof print done. Hopefully this will result in a high quality print, but this may not always be the case.

I've also decided to put together a book. I had created a couple of books in the past using various online production companies, but was never completely satisfied with the results. Karin told me that she has just produced 100 Faces using blurb and was very happy with her book, so I took a few days and put together a collection of 39 images painted over the last few years. I have to say when my copy arrived I was extremely happy with the quality of the printing and the construction. The images of the paintings were spot on. If this book proves to be even a modest success, I'll definitely put together a second volume. I have a large (13 x 11 inch) hardback coffee table version with a dust jacket and a smaller (10 x 8) softcover version as well. If you click on the links they will redirect you to the blurb site where you can preview the entire book, and if you choose, make a purchase.

I'll be finishing up the final pass on the Stack of Blocks today. I'll post an image tomorrow of the completed painting, then it's back to the large Ketchup Bottle.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I will post the book up on p/a.

Thank you,
Didi

James Neil Hollingsworth said...

Thanks Didi - I really appreciate it! Neil

Sonya Johnson said...

The book looks wonderful, and the images look beautiful. I hope it is a success for you, Neil.