Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fifties Toaster

oil on 1/8'' gesso board
6'' x 6"

I went a little crazy a while back, and bought a bunch of vintage toasters on ebay. These old appliances have a very distinctive, and familiar look, that many of us born before 1970 will remember. I believe these will fit in nicely with my proclivity for reflective subjects. This is my first attempt. I love how the bakelite, and chrome work together. I'm looking forward to doing many more of these in the future. I "think" big these days, and think it could be really cool to do one of these at 40 x 40. When, and if, I can get the corporate commission out of the way, some of these "big" dreams may start to actually materialize. To bid on this painting click here.


J.R. said...

I've seen a lot of photo-realism in my day but your work transcends the norm. Beautifully crafted!

Jim R.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful oil paiting from china

Anonymous said...

our company are very professional for the oil paiting and art craft
please contact :