Monday, September 18, 2006

Pool Bowl


oil on hardboard panel
6'' x 6''

bidding has ended on this painting

I bought these pool balls a while back, but couldn't find a good way to present them. I photographed them six ways to sunday, but wasn't impressed with what I'd come up with. So I dumped them into this old glass bowl. Voila! I loved the distortion imparted by the varying thickness of the glass. Especially around the rim. I spent a lot of time on this painting trying to portray the subtle variations of shadow, and reflection on the polished surface of the balls.


4 comments:

Luis Colan said...

This painting is sick!!!! Truly amazing.

Luis

belindadelpesco.com said...

I'm speechless......
Stunned to silence.....
You are a wonderful, amazing, awesome painter.

James Neil Hollingsworth said...

Thanks Luis and Belinda. I really enjoyed painting this one. I endulged myself timewise, but I just couldn't stop.

Jen said...

Whoa. That is a righteous painting. Be prepared for a bidding war.