Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tomato on the Edge


Tomato on the Edge
oil on gallery wrap canvas
10'' x 10"

I'm going to be completly honest with all of you, and confess that this particular painting has been at Twinhouse since the fall. It will be included in the grouping for the winter show, because: 1. It will help flesh out my portion of the gallery and, 2. I really like it. I felt that I nailed the tomato, and I love the composition. It was in fact one of my favorite paintings of last year. I don't always "see" my paintings as others do, and often miss the mark. None the less, I think it's pretty good. No, really good, and am looking forward to seeing it with the other pieces on the wall. I hope you can forgive my pride.


Business Opportunity in Monkey Town
oil on multiple plywood panels

The title of the Twinhouse show is Trifecta, indicating the there will be three artists represented. Karen and I are two of the trio, and Jeff Cohen is the third. He will be showing a number of his "fragments" paintings. He creates these by painting individual plywood panels separately, then mounting those panels to a plywood box. The finished painting is then covered with a beeswax preparation. We spent the evening with Jeff and his wife Leslie (also an artist) a couple of days ago, and saw a number of his completed paintings . . . Jeff's going to have a good show.

I've suggested that he put up all of his completed paintings on a temporary website, so the entire show could be viewed by those who may be interested in making a pre-show purchase. He liked the idea, but he's in a bit of a crunch to finish his paintings, and wasn't sure if he would have the time. If he can swing it, I'll put a link to those paintings in a future post. They're really beautiful.

I've got my small paintings finished for the show, although they are not all on my website just yet. I should have them up in a day or so. Now I will begin working on a new piece intended for Stricoff Fine Art Ltd. Jeff Stricoff was interested in another Milkshake Mixer (yay!), so I'll be working on that for a while. I may post some "in progress" images for it.

Anyone interested in a pre-show purchase of the Tomato painting above can find contact information to the gallery by clicking here. If you'd like to see all the work completed so far you can either click on the "Upcoming 2008 Twinhouse Show" link or click here.


3 comments:

Melody said...

That tomato is gorgeous. Bravo!!

Unknown said...

I agree - You nailed the tomato.

Didi

Anonymous said...

I think you should very proud of yourself. I really love "Tomato on the Edge". As a graduate counseling student this painting brings many things to mind. In my mind the title and the painting could turn into an analogy for life in a good way. :0)