Thursday, October 01, 2015

Chicadee

Chicadee  |  10 x 12  |  Oil on hardboard panel

























I'm getting ready to do some new photography, so I haven't wanted to start anything big. My urge to paint on the other hand is really strong right now and I couldn't bear the idea of giving up my brushes for an extended period of time. Fortunately, the answer to my problem was solved when I was in Karens office helping her decide on a composition.  As she was scrolling through possible images I noticed the Chicadee and said she should do that. Karen said she wasn't going to use that image because, "I can't paint grapes", so I asked if I could have it. There was a time when about all I painted was birds so I was pretty happy when she said, "yes". It was really fun to paint something with eyes again.


No comments: