Monday, January 09, 2012

3 Alarm


3 Alarm | 24 x 36 | oil on canvas

I was very generous to myself over the holidays, and I gave me permission to paint nothing until the first of the year. I really needed to recharge my batteries, and "tried" not to even think about art for a couple of weeks. It was great just to spend time with family, eat decadent food, go to the movies, read, etc. Now it's time to get back to work.

I found this toy Fire Engine on ebay, and paired it up with an old Zippo cigarette lighter I've had for years for my first painting of 2012. Onward to number two . . .


5 comments:

Unknown said...

good unexpectedness with subjects. awesome painting to start the year! now i need to finish a painting!

martinealison said...

Pour une reprise, bravo !
Un merveilleux travail que cette dernière peinture.
Gros bisous

Unknown said...

Spending time with the family on holiday is wonderful! They deserve it and you, too! Nice painting :) Oil Paintings

Dean H. said...

Love the way ya think, Neil, by putting these two elements together! The concept of injecting emotion (in this case surprise or humor)adds another layer to art!
I have missed your blog for too long.

Paintings said...

I read your blog and got it interesting. That's really great to spend the time with the family on holidays but the amazing thing is the creation of your painting is marvelous. Looks so beautiful. Great starting. Go ahead!