18 x 24 oil on panel
Every once in a while I work on a painting that is just snakebit. The process goes wrong from the very beginning. This has proved to be one of those paintings. Most often, by it's completion, the painting has been salvaged, but there are occasions when the canvas will get the rag. I won't go into the full litany of problems I've encountered with this piece, but suffice it to say it's been fighting me every inch of the way. Part of the problem was the surface and the panels' construction, another, to be honest, was me, and most recently an incorrect use of a medium. I never use a medium, but thought with this painting it was a good idea. I'm currently waiting to see if I made the right decision. I went ahead and posted the image today because even though there are still problems to be solved, I think it's a good painting, and believe it can be saved.