Thursday, March 17, 2011

Karen's First Book: WindowScapes


Karen and I have been working together to assemble a collection of her WindowScapes paintings into a book. We used blurb, an online book creation/publication website that I used for my first book, Paintings in Oil. Her "proof" copy arrived a few days ago, and it's top notch. I don't know how blurb does it so much better than other book creation sites, but the images are a spot on match to the originals. It's a 12 x 12 inch hardback book with a dust jacket and contains 39 of Karen's favorite windowscapes paintings. If you'd like to preview the entire book and make a purchase click here.



2 comments:

Amarjeet Prasad said...

Thanks for sharing your article. I really enjoyed it. I put a link to my site to here so other people can read it. My readers have about the same interest...
Paintings

Young Vic said...

Many definitions of art have been proposed by philosophers and others who have characterized art in terms of mimesis, discount oil paintings, communication of emotion, or other values. During the Romantic period, art came to be seen as "a special faculty of the human mind to be classified with religion and science".Though art's definition is disputed and has changed over time, general descriptions mention an idea of human agency and creation through imaginative or technical skill.The nature of art, and related concepts such as beltaff bag and interpretation, are explored in a branch of philosophy known as aesthetics.