Thursday, June 17, 2010

Edible Week: Red Snapper


6x6 oil on hardboard panel
My apologies to any ichthyologists out there if I've mislabeled this creature, but I'm pretty sure this is a Red Snapper. If I'm wrong please let me know. For most of my life the subject of my artwork was always animals, and always in watercolor, so when I decided to do "edible week" I saw it as an opportunity once again, to paint something with eyes. I found this specimen at the local farmers market, and thought it was really beautiful. If you'd like to bid on this painting, you can access the auction by clicking here.


4 comments:

Caroline Peña Bray said...

Wow-wee! This is stunning! Not only are the colours beautiful but you've really captured the glinting, shimmering skin. Very well done! :)

Barry Scott said...

Beautiful work, as usual!

Maybe, one day, I'll be able to afford one!

Roger Light, Artist said...

Nice coloration! Leave it to you to make a dead fish this beautiful! It's a very nice painting.

Paul Coventry-Brown said...

Love the new look of the blog and I love the shimmering colours in your gorgeous fish. So ... did he end up in the frying pan????