Monday, February 22, 2010

Embroidery Scissors



5.5 x 5.5 oil on hardboard
Scissors have been part of my repertoire in the past, and I felt it was time to re-visit that subject once more. I found these little embroidery scissors in the shape of a stork on ebay, and thought they'd be fun to paint. As I was setting up one of the compositions, I decided to incorporate another pair of scissors as a kind of surrogate parent, feeding it's young. It may be a bit "cutesy", but I think it works. If you'd like to bid on this piece, you can access the auction by clicking here.


4 comments:

Jelaine Faunce said...

Growing up in a sewing household, we always had a pair of these crane scissors. When I moved out and got my own machine, Mom sent me a pair of my own. Agreed, they are adorable.:o)

April Jarocka said...

Me too. I have a pair and would never be without them. The concept is very cute and does work. Love it.

Shirley Peters said...

I'm impressed with the realism, especially the background ... is it slate?

Dean Grey said...

Fantastic painting! Fantastic scissors!

-Dean