Monday, February 02, 2009

Pool Bowl No.10


Pool Bowl No.10
oil on hardboard panel
6'' x 6"

I wasn't able to get this painting completed by the end of the day last friday, so I held off posting it until tonight. Hadn't done any pool balls in a while, and thought it would be a colorful item to finish off the current group of five paintings for ebay. If you'd like to bid on this painting you can participate in the auction by clicking here.

Had some good news this week. Received an email from Spalding Nix that the five paintings I had done for Print Pack Inc. were hung in the board room late last week. Word is they were a hit. The CEO, and his mother, the wife of the man who started the business, were very impressed. Whew! I can finally breath a sigh of relief. Spalding wrote that all of the art contracted for the project was very well received. I'm looking forward to heading back over there to see everyone else's work.


Jeff Cohen commission for Print Pack Inc.

I wanted to make special mention of the two paintings produced by Jeff Cohen for this project, because they are truly spectacular. These were done in Jeff's "fragmented" style, where each painting is composed of multiple plywood panels. Every panel is painted separately, then mounted together onto a wooden frame to create the final piece. I believe each of these paintings is 48 x 60, and show the presses used to print the packaging for the items you saw in my contribution. Jeff, this is a masterpiece.

Got a little more good news this week as well. The commission for the company in Chicago is still a possibility. I emailed the first few compositions to Curt Nance, who is directing the project, last week, and he was pleased with what he saw. Curt is a no-nonsense guy, and I think he can move this along smoothly. That's my gut feeling anyway. It will be interesting to see how this goes. I hope it works out. It could be a fun project, and with this economy, a source of much needed income as well.


4 comments:

Johnnie Sielbeck said...

Congratulations on the commission pieces! Great pool balls and glass bowl, really like how you've captured the translucency at the edges.

belindadelpesco.com said...

Congratulations on finishing the corporate commission so beautifully, and the pending new project. And your auction paintings this week have been incredible, as always. Thanks also for posting Jeff's pieces... I'm completely amazed. I really just want to sit in that conference room and drink a cup of coffee while gazing at the art. How will they concentrate on work-related topics with all that magic on the walls? :o)

Leslie Sealey said...

Congratulations on the commission, Neil! Also, thank you for posting Jeff Cohen's work. I think he's a fantastic painter and those big pieces are stunning.

Brian Hettler said...

Hey Neil. I just wanted to let you know that I love your work and have been following it for a while now. Thought I'd share my work with you. You can see my work at http://www.brianhettler.wordpress.com/. Lemme know what you think. I'd love to chat sometime about your painting process. Peace-Brian