Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Work In Progress: Manhattan Transport

Manhattan Transport WIP |  24 x 24  Oil on panel


I haven't put up a work in progress post in quiet a while and since this painting is going to take a while I figured it would be a good candidate. Karen and I came across this Vespa parked in a small nook between two clothing stores in Manhattan (SoHo I think). I've been hanging on to this photo for a number of years, and finally decided to pull the trigger. Just blocking in the background so far, with a little chrome and the tail light. Should get into the meat of this project today. This panel was originally to be used for another airplane, but about a quarter of the way into it I realized this was a total failure, so I sanded it off and replaced it with this. I think I made the right decision.



No comments: