Friday, April 14, 2023

One Way

One Way  |  18 x 24  |  Oil on panel




















I think whenever I look at this painting in the future I will remember it as, "the one I worked on during my recuperation from heart surgery". I'm currently dealing with a newly discovered wrinkle involving my health, but the memory of this ordeal will have to be linked to the new painting I'm working on. 

This is from a photograph I took on Nantucket while Karen and I were in Massachusetts for the reception of a show I was having on Cape Cod. I just couldn't get the image of that white hat out of my mind. I also loved how the arrow in the road faced in the opposite direction of the pedestrians on the sidewalk. Plus, I hadn't painted people in a very long time and wanted to try it once again. I don't know if this piece will have much, if any, appeal to the public, but in all honesty I was doing it for myself. 

That day on Nantucket had been a really, really good day.


No comments: