Monday, May 19, 2014

Crayola

Crayola  |  24 x 24  |  Oil on canvas

























Karen discovered this box of vintage Crayola crayons on ebay a while back and I've wanted to paint it ever since. I asked her permission to use it, and it was granted. The box says 64 different, brilliant colors, but I think the total of this box is somewhere in the fifties. I guess some got lost or just used up over the years. I'll be shipping this painting up to Cape Cod for a show Karen and I are sharing at Tree's Place Gallery this July. However, it was so fun to paint that I think I'll do another for a still life show I'm participating in at C. K. Contemporary in San Francisco this September. 



5 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour cher ami,

Une peinture impressionnante ! Vous êtes si talentueux... Cette boîte de crayons a une âme... elle invite l'imagination. Qui a pu se délecter de ces crayons et créer de beaux dessins ? !...

Gros bisous ♡

SteveC said...

lol - Love that printer's registration flub in the lower left with the red banner. Nice touch!

SteveC said...

(lower right, rather)

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Way cool!

hmuxo said...

I'm speechless! Fantastic piece!!