Monday, April 22, 2013

Delta Sky Club Commission: Painting No. 3 - Nose

Delta Commission: Nose  |  16 x 16  |  Oil on panel


























Moving along, here is the third painting for JFK. Although this seems to be a less complicated composition than the previous two, for me, it was the most difficult to paint. The reflections in the body of the aircraft were a real challenge. I think I achieved my goal with this piece, but it was a real bear. The next two paintings will include the tail section, and so will add a bit of color. I'm really looking forward to putting in that blast of red in the Delta logo.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so amazed by this art piece. It is so detailed and I can stop looking at it. This is inspiring and motivating for an artist like me to do better.