Monday, January 04, 2010

Silver Creamer


5.5 x 5.5 oil on hardboard
I decided to hold off for the holidays, and list my final two ebay pix starting tonight. This creamer was part of a collection of vintage silver given to us by Karen's parents. There's also a sugar bowl, and a water pitcher that go along with this creamer. They have a great shape for reflecting the contents of a room, and these wonderfully curly handles. If you'd like to partake in the bidding for this painting, you can access the auction by clicking here.


8 comments:

Micah Neff said...

Weren't you tempted to put the Last Supper on that? ;) (BTW it's gorgeous, the painting and the creamer)

Victoria on Okinawa said...

Curious what is reflected in the center of the bowl? Looks like a goat and 2 vultures when I enlarge it, most likely not sense I'm seeing with my imagination, but I am curious.

Kai Büker said...

it looks so real. well done!

Autumn Leaves said...

Beautiful! Love the antique silver design too!

Susan Hediger-Matteson said...

Absolutely beautiful work. After Victoria's comment I'll have to go back and look carefully at that reflection!

James Neil Hollingsworth said...

Thanks all. The reflection is the dining room, looking back into the kitchen. Sorry, no vultures or goats. Although that would be cool.

Anonymous said...

Amazing and inspirational!

sal said...

I've always strived for photo-realisim in my work. Your work tells me that I'm absolutely on the right track. I love the concept of "hiding" wacky images in the reflections as well. I'm just strange that way. Thanks for sharing your work. I wish boundless success for you.