Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Maple Leaf No. 4


Maple Leaf No.4
oil on canvas
6'' x 6"

I had enough red paint left on my pallette to do another maple leaf, so I figured why not. They are one of my "prettier" subjects, and I enjoy painting them. I love the crispness of the highlighted leaves contrasted by the less focused red leaves in the background. The seed pods in the foreground really give the painting a sense of depth. This was a fun one.

I was victorious with my first ebay auction this afternoon. A great looking vintage toaster. Hope my luck holds with my upcoming auctions. There's a specific mixer, and another toaster I really want to get my hands on.

Anyone wishing to participate in the auction of the Mape Leaf can bid by clicking here.


1 comment:

Austin Maloney said...

Neil I love all your paintings, you make me want to start doing realism. I am a fellow Daily Painter. and I was wondering if you'd be interested in exchanging links?

My email is amaloneyart@gmail.com