Friday, December 01, 2006

Pool Bowl II


oil on premire gallery wrapped canvas
10'' x 10"

I was thinking that it might be a good idea to put up some, or possibly all, of the paintings I was planning to present for my January show at the Twinhouse Gallery. This way I could show the relationship between the "studies", and the completed paintings in a single venue. My goal is to have approximately 20 of these 10 x 10 paintings for the show. I don't know if I can complete that many or not, with only six weeks left. I need to get to work.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

As per usual, my jaw is on the floor. Gorgeous work, Neil. The luminosity, the shimmering, crystal-like effect is very attracting. The colors are rich and vibrant, the depth is.... wait, do I sound like I'm gushing?

Very inspirational work. I wish one day to see your work in person.

-Chris

Johnnie Scoutten said...

Oh my. Big air intake here when I saw this. Just beautiful. Light and reflections are my hot buttons and you hit 'em.

Megan Wolfe said...

I agree, I would love to see this in person. It's so colorful and rich, very beautiful indeed.

Jeffrey Hayes said...

Once again, I'm in awe.

g k said...

Gorgeous painting. really wonderful

James Neil Hollingsworth said...

Thanks everyone. I was thinking of using this image for the invitation to the show. These positive responses have helped make up my mind.

Anonymous said...

I. Have. Never. Seen. Anything. Like. This. In. My. Life!
Like the old masters - unbelievably amazing.

Anonymous said...

The clarity is remarkable; nothing is superfluous. A very fine and confident artist.