Friday, August 02, 2013

Sunbeam No.2

Sunbeam No.2  |  30 x 30  |  Oil on canvas


























A couple of years ago I was having lunch with Karin Jurick and Brett Trowbridge. As we were saying our goodbyes Karin asked me to hold on while Brett went to get me something out of their car. He returned carrying this fabulous mixer. They had seen it at a flea market, and knowing my love of vintage kitchen appliances, bought it for me. A much appreciated gift that has now made it onto a number of canvases. This particular painting will be the final piece I'll be sending up to Tree's Place Gallery for the show Karen and I will be sharing on August 31 on Cape Cod. 

* The upcoming issue of American Art Collector will have a short piece about our show, and when it comes out I'll post something about that. Can't wait to see how the images look!


3 comments:

Victoria Culbertson said...

Awesome! as always!!! Congrats on up coming show and write up!

Malin Mbymalin said...

Dear James Neil Hollingsworth,


My name is Malin Björklund and I came across your website when researching artists that inspire me.

I recently set up my portfolio blog at www.mbymalin.eu and have begun to try and reach out with other artists and get their feedback on my work so far.

It would be amazing if you could take a quick look at my work and give me some feedback? I have been studying to be an artist for about 8 months now at Newcastle College and looking to get some great professional feedback.


You can also see and like my work at my Facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/MByMalin


I hope my art interests you and I look forward to hearing back from you!


Kind regards,

M by Malin

www.mbymalin.eu

Malin Mbymalin said...

James Neil Hollingsworth,